Health & Safety Law
Health & Safety Law has become one of the most regulated areas of the law in Ireland. We have the skills and the experience in the successful defence of prosecutions.
We are and have been available to clients and Insurance companies immediately when an accident occurs, in what can often be difficult circumstances both for a company, its Directors and employees.
We have advised and defended in all areas including construction, transport, waste disposal, healthcare, energy, information technology, pharmaceutical, chemical, warehousing, manufacturing and all stages of the supply chain.
Regan’s health and safety solicitors have vast advisory experience in this area where the oft quoted maxim prevention is better than cure is most appropriately applied. Our areas of expertise include:
- Representing individuals who are called for interview before the Health and Safety Authority.
- Compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- Advising on accidents and incidents, ranging from fatal accidents to minor incidents.
- Appearing on behalf of corporate and individual clients before the Courts in prosecutions. Advising on corporate governance and personal liability of directors and managers.
- Advising on contractual documentation and policies to reflect Health & Safety requirements.
- Due diligence exercises for both purchasers and vendors in corporate acquisitions.
- Bespoke training sessions at board, senior management and general employee level.
- Audit and Compliance service.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement