Accidents at Work
All employers are obliged by law to take all precautions possible to prevent their staff from suffering accidents at work. However, accidents still occur. If you happen to be injured in your workplace, then you may be entitled to make a claim for damages.
You must lodge your claim within two years of the date of the accident, and for the greatest chance of success, you should engage expert and professional legal advice – so the smart move is to contact Regan Solicitors.
Why Choose Regan Solicitors for claims arising from Accidents at Work?
- We promise a speedy response when you first contact us. In most cases, you will speak that very day to a solicitor who can handle your claim.
- If you decide to proceed with a claim, we will advise on the best pathway forward, and give a realistic estimate of the likely outcome.
- Your accidents at work claims solicitor will use their years of experience and expertise to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- We are dedicated to expediting all accidents at work claims as quickly as possible.
- We offer a range of finance options for our legal advice and services, tailored to meet your own personal circumstances. We can discuss these when you first contact us, or at a later stage of the claims process.
At Regan Solicitors, we also understand that you may be more hesitant to make a claim following a workplace accident than any other type of accident. This is particularly true if you are still in the same job. You may be concerned that your employer might treat you differently, might make things difficult for you, or might even try to force you out of your job.
Our advice is to not be concerned. You are protected by Employment Law which states that an employer cannot treat staff members differently if claims are lodged following accidents at work, and cannot dismiss employees because of claims.
Another point to remember is that almost all claims following accidents at work are handled between the claimant’s legal team and the employer’s insurers, rather than becoming a personal dispute between the worker and the boss.
Our experience in handling claims for Accidents at Work
At Regan Solicitors, we have experience in handling claims arising from the following types of accidents at work:
- Injuries caused by lifting or manual handling.
- Slips or trips caused by dangerous surfaces.
- Falls from ladders and scaffolding.
- Injuries caused by dangerous machinery.
- Exposure to dangerous or poisonous substances.
- Injuries caused by the negligence of a fellow employee.
- Injuries caused by repetitive work.
If you have suffered injuries in these circumstances or any other accidents at work, please contact us.
If we believe you have a viable claim, we will pursue your case vigorously. We will also provide assistance to help you obtain adequate rehabilitation for your injuries and advice on benefits during your recovery, if you have had to be away from work for an extended time because of your injuries.
Criminal experience in handling claims for accidents at work
A criminal prosecution against the employer may arise after some accidents at work, depending on the particular circumstances. Prosecutions are brought by the Health & Safety Authority, the Gardaí, or another statutory body. Their outcome can have an impact on any claims for damages that arise from the same accidents at work.
For example, if the employer is found guilty of an offence, then the claim for damages is guaranteed to succeed, as liability has already been established. The only question remaining will be regarding the exact level of compensation due.
However, even if the employer avoids conviction, a claim for damages can still succeed. This is because of the different burdens of proof that apply. A criminal case must be proven beyond reasonable doubt, but a claim for damages needs be proven on the balance of probabilities only. Therefore, you may continue with your claim even if there is no conviction recorded against the employer.
If a criminal prosecution is taken following the accident that gives rise to your claim, we will monitor progress in that case at all stages and keep you informed of developments. We will also advise fairly and honestly how any such developments may impact your claim.
Contact us for claims following Accidents at Work
Contact us for claims following accidents at work
Can you answer ‘yes’ to the following three questions?
- Have you suffered an accident at work in the past two years, that was not your fault?
- Are you considering lodging a claim?
- Would you like expert advice from some of the best accidents at work claims solicitors in Dublin?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to all three, then contact us today. We will advise on your options, and give a realistic estimate of what we can achieve for you.
We’re sorry to hear that you’ve suffered in an accident at work – but we look forward to putting things right.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement