Bike Accident Claims Dublin
Recent years have seen a huge increase in the number of cyclists on Dublin streets. The upsurge in cycling is welcome in many ways, but it has had an unfortunate downside too. The increase in the number of cyclists has brought a corresponding increase in the number of accidents involving cyclists. This means that bike accident claims in Dublin are being lodged in greater numbers than before.
If you are a cyclist and you have suffered an injury that was the fault of another party, you may be entitled to make a bicycle claim. For advice on the process involved and the likely outcome, you should speak to solicitors with knowledge and experience of handling bike accident claims in Dublin – such as we here at Regan Solicitors.
Why Choose Regan Solicitors for Bike Accident Claims Dublin?
- We promise a speedy response when you first contact us. In most cases, you will speak that very day to a solicitor who can handle your claim.
- If you decide to proceed with a claim, we will advise on the best way forward, and give a realistic estimate of the likely outcome.
- Your bike accident Dublin claims solicitor will use their years of experience and expertise to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- We are dedicated to expediting all Dublin bike accident claims as quickly as possible.
- We offer a range of finance options for our legal advice and services, tailored to meet your own personal circumstances. We can discuss these when you first contact us, or at a later stage of the claims process.
Who can you make your Bike Accident Claims Dublin against?
If you are injured by another road user (usually a motorist) in a road traffic collision, you will bring your claim against that road user. This type of claim makes up the majority of bike accident claims in Dublin.
However, liability can also arise if an injury results from poor road surfaces or other hazardous conditions in circumstances where cyclists are owed a duty of care. In such cases, bike accident claims in Dublin can be brought against the local authority, other property owners, or contractors carrying out roadworks or similar.
In all bike accident claims in Dublin cases that we handle, we advise on who the claim should be properly brought against, and any specifics likely to become relevant to that party.
Making bike accident claims in Dublin
If you are involved in a bicycle accident, you can immediately begin to gather information that will help a claim, assuming you are not too injured to do so.
Recommended steps include:
- Note the registration and insurance details of the other vehicle involved.
- Gather contact details of any witnesses.
- If you have a camera phone, take pictures of the scene.
- Notify Gardaí of the accident. In less serious cases the Gardaí will not attend the scene, in which case you need to report the details to your local Garda station at the earliest opportunity. If a more serious accident, the Gardaí will attend the scene and compile their own report. You or your solicitor will be able to acquire a copy of this report afterwards, to support your claim.
- Seek medical attention, even if you consider your injuries to be minor. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent. A medical report can also help any subsequent claim.
Compensation offers in Bike Accident Claims Dublin
The level of compensation offered in bike accident claims in Dublin will depend on many factors, such as:
- Extent of injuries suffered
- Length of time they take to heal
- Damage to your bike
- Loss of earnings if off work following the accident.
It is commonplace for an insurance company to offer a settlement soon after an accident. This is in their interest, as a quick pay-out can save them money in the long run. Don’t accept an offer without speaking to a medical professional and seeking independent legal advice first. Settling early is the quick solution but can leave you under compensated if the full extents of your injuries are not immediately apparent following an accident.
Appoint Regan Solicitors for Bike Accident Claims Dublin
If you are thinking of making a bicycle accident claim it is important to speak to a solicitor as soon as possible. Regan Solicitors can talk you through your claim and discuss all relevant issues and how they may affect your claim.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement